What sets us apart.
We know your legal training requires you to seek the evidence and get the back-up, so here are some recent accolades and distinctions of which we are especially proud.
- Foley Hoag named 2018 Regional Powerhouse by Law360. Read the press release.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 – International arbitration practice noted nationally; ranked 27 Foley Hoag LLP lawyers across 10 practice categories.
- Foley Hoag LLP has earned a Tier 1 ranking in the Massachusetts/M&A category in IFLR1000 United States, a new directory by IFLR1000. This ranking recognizes Foley Hoag's position as a leading law firm with exceptional merger and acquisition capabilities.
- 2017 Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms ranked Foley Hoag in the top 10 nationally in the Best Summer Associate Program, Transparency, Diversity for LGBT Individuals, Summer Program that Best Prepares You for Associate Work and Informal Training & Mentoring categories.
- Yale Law Women (YLW) recognized Foley Hoag in its 2016 list of the nation's Top 10 Family Friendly Firms in legal industry. Results were determined by data collected from the firm’s policies relating to part-time and flex-time, parental/family leaves and accommodations, gender equity, billing requirements, professional development and pro bono.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2016 has ranked 28 Foley Hoag lawyers across 11 practice categories. Our attorneys were ranked in the following practice categories: Antitrust, Bankruptcy and Restructuring, Corporate/M&A, Environment, Healthcare, Hedge and Mutual Funds, Intellectual Property, Labor and Employment, Litigation: General Commercial, Litigation: White-Collar Crime and Government Investigations, Private Equity: Buyouts, and Private Equity: Venture Capital Investment.
- The Best Lawyers in America® listed 30 Foley Hoag lawyers in its 2017 edition. Best Lawyers compiles its lists of attorneys by conducting peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
- Law360 has named Foley Hoag as a 2016 Pro Bono Firm of the Year in its annual list of the nation’s top pro bono law firms.
- The Boston Globe recognized Foley Hoag as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015. Employers in the state were measured on six factors: direction, execution, managers, career, conditions, and pay and benefits. According to the Globe, firms on the Top Places to Work list clearly demonstrate effective ways to create a positive work environment.
- Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) has frequently honored Foley Hoag with the top honor of “Largest Donation” in its annual Associates Drive. Much of the firm’s pro bono legal work is devoted to matters stemming from our close relationship with GBLS.
- Foley Hoag’s clients named the firm a “Go-To Law Firm” in both Intellectual Property and Technology recently, as reported in Corporate Counsel magazine.
- The Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest advocacy group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Americans, has honored Foley Hoag with a perfect score in its Corporate Equality Index and Best Places to Work Survey for many consecutive years, most recently in 2016.
- Multicultural Law magazine regularly cites Foley Hoag among its Top 100 firms for diversity.
- The publication “Presumed Equal: What America’s Top Women Lawyers Really Think About Their Firms” ranked Foley Hoag 24th in the nation on the satisfaction of women lawyers on the issues of advancement, firm attitudes and atmosphere, and balancing work and family life.
- Foley Hoag tied for first place among Boston law firms in The American Lawyer's 2016 Summer Associate Survey, achieving perfect scores on all survey queries. The American Lawyer also gave Foley Hoag a 7th place national ranking in the annual Midlevel Associates Survey, which is based on responses from third-, fourth- and fifth-year associates.