What sets us apart.
We know your legal training requires you to seek the evidence and get the back-up, so here are some recent accolades and distinctions of which we are especially proud.
- The Diversity and Flexibility Alliance honored Foley Hoag in recognition of dedication to diversity and inclusion within the firm’s partnership (2020, 2021).
- Yale Law Women (YLW) named Foley Hoag a top firm for Part-Time Options in its 2021 Top Firms for Gender Equity & Family Friendliness Report. The firm was also previously named a top firm for parental and caregiver leave in YLW's 2020 report, and was listed among its Top 10 Family Friendly Firms in the legal industry in 2016. Results are determined by data collected from firm policies relating to part-time and flex-time, parental/family leaves and accommodations, gender equity, billing requirements, professional development and pro bono.
- Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index – Foley Hoag received a perfect score ranking on the Human Rights Campaign's 2022 Corporate Equality Index. Businesses achieving a rating of 100 percent in the report are recognized by the Human Rights Campaign as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality.”
- The COVID Relief Coalition at the Boston Bar Association's 2020 Beacon Awards for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, receiving the organization's Empowerment Award
- Foley Hoag received the 2019 Thurgood Marshall Award from the Boston Bar Association (BBA), honoring our pro bono work in the greater Boston area.
- Law 360 – Named Foley Hoag a 2019 Regional Powerhouse, awarded to law firms handling some of the biggest deals and most high-profile courtroom battles that make a lasting impact on the law at the state and local level.
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2021) – International arbitration practice and Cannabis practice noted nationally; ranked 32 Foley Hoag LLP lawyers and14 practice areas.
- The Best Lawyers in America – Listed 32 Foley Hoag lawyers in its 2021 edition.
- U.S. News – Best Lawyers – Recognized Foley Hoag with 17 national rankings and 31 regional rankings in its 2021 edition of the “Best Law Firms.”
- Lawyers for Civil Rights (formerly the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice) - Honored Foley Hoag with the 2018 Keeper of the Flame Award in recognition of the firm's visionary leadership in helping launch the Lawyers’ Committee back in 1968.
- India Business Law Journal – Ranked Foley Hoag in its 2021 survey of the best foreign law firms for India work. Foley Hoag ranked in the “Significant Players” category, making this the firm’s 11th year of inclusion in the publication.
- Multicultural Law magazine – Top 100 firms for diversity.